CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Submit your proposal
The cfp will close on the 15th of June 2020
Should I submit my proposal?
Yes, definitely! Submitting proposals is your job. Worrying about what fits the program is ours. When in doubt, submit it. To aid both new and experienced speakers, we offer support to help you develop your unfinished ideas into a great session.
Besides topics directly related to F#, we're also interested in following topics:
- F# integration with other languages in .NET or other ecosystems.
- Case studies, experience reports, post-mortems
- Tools, testing and refactoring
- Functional programming (with examples in F#)
- Data science
All sessions are in English. If you have ideas but can't do it in English, let us know, we might know a F# or Functional programming meetup that is hosted in your language.
- Send us your proposals before the submission deadline on June 15 2020.
- Even before the deadline, we might start accepting proposals, so being early helps.
- We might ask you to have a short conference call with us. Sometimes we like to ask for clarifications, or suggest changes to the contents or the format. If we contact you for such a call, it is not a guarantee your proposal will be accepted.
- Even after the you've been accepted, we'd like to help you make the most of your presentation or workshop. That's why we offer presentation support. You can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll put you in touch with other speakers, to help you develop your material, be your soundboard, and give you feedback. We might also ask you to do the same for others. We've found that even for experienced speakers, a bit of back and forth can greatly improve the presentation or workshop.
Increase your chances
Evaluating a submission based on nothing but an abstract is hard. Help us get to know you and your ideas by:
- Sending us links to your content.
- Blogging about your topic.
- Building a program involves lots of trade-offs, and often we have the painful task of refusing great proposals for other reasons than the topic. If yours is not accepted, please consider this an invitation to try again next year.
- If you would like to pitch your product or service, we provide plenty of sponsorship opportunities. A 1-minute pitch at the beginning or end of your talk is acceptable.